Wednesday 28 May 2008

Wet Wet Wet - Pellow To Take Nicholson Role On-stage

WET WET WET frontman MARTI PELLOW is taking on Hollywood heavyweight JACK NICHOLSON - he's playing the role made famous by the veteran actor in a stage version of THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK.

The Love Is All Around singer will play the devil incarnate Daryl Van Horne in theatre impresario Sir Cameron MACkintosh's revival of the musical at Scotland's Edinburgh Playhouse in August (08).

The role was immortalised by Nicholson, who starred in the 1987 movie alongside Cher, Susan Sarandon and Michelle Pfeiffer.

And the Scottish star isn't fazed about following in the legendary hellraiser's footsteps.

He says, "It's a challenge but it's important to make every role your own. But I'm not afraid of hard graft. I've been gifted with a voice and I work very hard at it.

"Cameron MACkintosh has wanted to work with me for many years but the projects he brought weren't right for me. But this role suits me and Cameron has even reworked it with new songs."




See Also